Did you know that Bell Canada (and their daughter company Virgin Mobile Canada) plans to collect massive amounts of information about you and about your surfing habits? Well they are, and it isn’t clear that they should be able to. Here is an interesting article by CBC in Montreal that you should definitely read and think about. Your privacy is yours to protect…you can be pretty certain that Bell won’t protect it as well as you would.
Get involved, inform yourself, speak out!
- The Great Canadian Personal Data Grab Continues: Bell Expands Its Consumer Monitoring and Profiling (michaelgeist.ca)
- Bell to start tracking customers’ web history (globalnews.ca)
- Bell to start tracking customers’ web history, TV viewing, unless they opt out (montreal.ctvnews.ca)
- Bell to start tracking users’ internet, phone, and TV habits to display targeted ads (mobilesyrup.com)
- Every day should be Data Privacy Day for your business (hiscox.co.uk)
- Regulators urged to probe ethics of Bell’s ‘data grab’ (itworldcanada.com)
- Bell to start tracking customers’ web history (metronews.ca)
- Australia’s privacy challenges in the digital era (sbs.com.au)
- Bell to collect customer personal information for marketing, targeted ads (thestar.com)